PDF Free Download | A Course Book in English Grammar by Dennis Freeborn
Contents of Course Book in English Grammar
- Encoding experience in language
- Lexical words and meaning
- Function words for referring and linking
- Mainly noun and prepositional phrases
- Verb phrases
- Kernel clauses
- Complex phrases within clauses
- Complex and derived clauses
- Written sentences and spoken clause-complexes
Acknowledgements of Course Book in English Grammar
The author and publishers wish to thank the following who have kindly given permission for the use of copyright material.
Express Newspapers pic for extracts from the Daily Star, 19.6.84 and 11.10.80; Guardian Newspapers Ltd for an extract from the Guardian, 23.2.84 and an extract based on a report in the Guardian, 19.6.84;
Morning Star Co-operative Society Ltd for an extract from the Morning Star, 23.2.84; News International for an extract from the Sun, 23.2.84; Syndication International Ltd for an extract from the Daily Mirror, 10.10.80.
Every effort has been made to trace all the copyright holders but if any have been inadvertently overlooked the publishers will be pleased to make the necessary arrangement at the first opportunity.