PDF Free Download | Building Design and Construction Handbook 6th Edition by Frederick S. Merritt Jonathan T. Ricketts.
Preface to Building Design and Construction Handbook
The sixth edition of the Building Design and Construction Handbook maintains the original objectives of previous editions which gained widespread acceptance among users.
These objectives are to provide in a single volume a compendium of the best of the current knowledge and practices in building design and construction.
This information would be of greatest use to those who have to make decisions affecting the selection of engineering materials and construction methods.
Emphasis is placed on fundamental principles and practical applications, with special attention to simplified procedures.
Frequent reference is made to other sources where additional authoritative information may be obtained, such as architectural and engineering societies, manufacturers associations, and the Internet.
An extensive index is provided to assist the reader in locating topics within the book. Many new contributors and sections have been added in this edition to provide the reader with the latest developments and knowledge in the building industry.
These developments include the expansion of data technology and communication systems within the building system, revisions to the wind and seismic loadings, and an expansion of the information on fire sprinkler systems.
To present the necessary information in a single volume, obsolete and less-important information in the earlier editions has been deleted.
The editor is very grateful to the contributors, not only for their care, skill, and knowledge used in preparing the sections but also for their considerable sacrifices of personal time to prepare the sections.
Editors of Building Design and Construction Handbook
Frederick S. Merritt (deceased) was a consulting engineer for many years, withexperience in building and bridge design, structural analysis, and construction management.
A Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers and a Senior Member of ASTM, he was a former senior editor of Engineering News-Record and an author/editor of many books, including McGraw-Hill’s Standard Handbook for Civil Engineers and Structural Steel Designer’s Handbook.
Jonathan T. Ricketts is a consulting engineer with broad experience in general civil engineering environmental design and construction management.
A registered engineer in several states, he is an active member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the National Society of Professional Engineers, the American Water Works Association, and is co-editor of McGraw-Hill’s Standard Handbook for Civil Engineers.
Building Design and Construction Contents
- Section 1 System Fundamentals
- Section 2 The Building Team-Managing the Building Process
- Section 3 Protection against Hazards
- Section 4 Building Materials
- Section 5 Structural Theory
- Section 6 Soil Mechanics and Foundations
- Section 7 Structural Steel Construction
- Section 8 Cold-Formed Steel Construction
- Section 9 Concrete Construction
- Section 10 Wood Construction
- Section 11 Wall, Floor, and Ceiling Systems
- Section 12 Roof Systems
- Section 13 Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Section 14 Plumbing—Water-Supply, Sprinkler, and Wastewater Systems
- Section 15 Electrical Systems
- Section 16 Vertical Circulation
- Section 17 Construction Project Management
- Section 18 Communications Systems
- Section 19 Construction Cost Estimating
Download Building Design and Construction Handbook 6th Edition by Merritt and Ricketts in PDF Format For Free.