Fundamentals of Building Construction: Materials and Methods 7th Edition by Edward Allen, and Joseph Iano
About the Book
Essentials of Building Construction by Edward Allen and Joseph Ianno has been the primary reference for thousands of professionals and students in architecture, engineering, and building technology for more than thirty years.
The materials and methods described in this new Seventh Edition have been completely updated to reflect the latest developments in the industry.
Carefully selected, logically arranged topics–from basic construction methods to structure and container principles–help readers gain a working knowledge of the field in a fun and easy-to-understand manner. All major building systems are processed, including light wood frame, overall wood, masonry, steel frame, light steel and reinforced concrete construction.
Now in its seventh edition, Building Construction Essentials contains significant revisions and updates. New illustrations and images reflect the latest industry practices and developments.
Revised chapters address exterior wall systems and high-performance buildings, an updated and comprehensive discussion of the science of closed buildings, advanced tools for assessing the environmental and health impacts of building materials, and more. Exciting new developments in overall wood construction have also been included.
Table of Contents
- 125 new or updated illustrations and photographs, as well as 40 new photorealistic renderings.
- The latest in construction project delivery methods, construction scheduling, and trends in information technology affecting building design and construction.
- Updated discussion of the latest LEED and Living Building Challenge sustainability standards along with expanded coverage of new methods for assessing the environmental impacts of materials and buildings.
- Expanded coverage of mass timber materials, fire resistance of mass timber, and the design and construction of tall wood buildings.
- Revised end-of-chapter sections, including references, websites, key terminology, review questions, and exercises.
- Fully-updated collection of best-in-class ancillary materials: PowerPoint lecture slides, Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank, Interactive Exercises, and more.
- Companion book, Exercises in Building Construction, available in print and eBook format.
- For the nuts and bolts on building construction practices and materials, Fundamentals of Building Construction: Materials and Methods, 7th Edition lays the foundation that every architect and construction professional needs to build a successful career.