PDF Free Download | Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology A Problem Solving Approach 4th Edition by Harry L. Field and John M. Long.
Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology Contents
- Significant Figures and Standard Form
- Common Units of Measure
- Simple Machines
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Tractors and Power Units
- Machinery Calibration
- Equipment Efficiency and Capacity
- Economics of Agricultural Machinery
- Sound and Noise
- Measuring Distance
- Angles and Areas
- Land Description
- Differential and Profile Leveling
- Water Runoff
- Erosion and Erosion Control
- Handling, Moisture Management, and Storage of Biological Animal Waste Management
- Insulation and Heat Flow
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Selection of Structural Members
- Principles of Electricity
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- Sizing Conductors
- Electric Motors
- Site-Specific Crop Management
Preface to Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology
This text is intended for any class or reader interested in improving their knowledge about agriculture and enhancing their abilities in solving problems common to agriculture. It is an update of An Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology by Field and Solie.
This edition includes a new chapter on site-specific crop management. The topics and their treatment were selected for three reasons:
- To acquaint individuals with a wide range of applications of engineering principles to agriculture
- To present a selection of independent but related topics
- To develop and enhance the problem-solving ability of the individual.
Each chapter contains educational objectives, introductory material, and example problems (where appropriate). Most chapters are self-contained and can be used independently of the others.
Those that are sequential are organized in a logical order to ensure that the knowledge and skills needed are presented in a previous chapter.
As a principal author, I wish to express my gratitude to Dr. John Long for his technical assistance, for writing the chapter on site-specific crop management, and for reviewing the text.
Download Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology in PDF Format For Free.