Pure Mathematics for Beginners consists of a series of lessons in Logic, Set Theory, Abstract Algebra, Number Theory, Real Analysis, Topology, Complex Analysis, and Linear Algebra.
Introduction to Pure Mathematics for Beginners eBook
The 16 lessons in this book cover basic through intermediate material from each of these 8 topics.
In addition, all the proofwriting skills that are essential for advanced study in mathematics are covered and reviewed extensively.
Pure Mathematics for Beginners is perfect for professors teaching an introductory college course in higher mathematics high school teachers working with advanced math students students wishing to see the type of mathematics they would be exposed to as a math major.
Contents of Pure Mathematics for Beginners PDF
- 16 lessons in 8 subject areas.
- A problem set after each lesson arranged by difficulty level.
- A complete solution guide is included as a downloadable PDF file.
Pure Math Book Table Of Contents (Selected) Here’s a selection from the table of contents:
- Lesson 1 – Logic: Statements and Truth
- Lesson 2 – Set Theory: Sets and Subsets
- Lesson 3 – Abstract Algebra: Semigroups, Monoids, and Groups
- Lesson 4 – Number Theory: Ring of Integers
- Lesson 5 – Real Analysis: The Complete Ordered Field of Reals
- Lesson 6 – Topology: The Topology of R
- Lesson 7 – Complex Analysis: The Field of Complex Numbers
- Lesson 8 – Linear Algebra: Vector Spaces
- Lesson 9 – Logic: Logical Arguments
- Lesson 10 – Set Theory: Relations and Functions
- Lesson 11 – Abstract Algebra: Structures and Homomorphisms
- Lesson 12 – Number Theory: Primes, GCD, and LCM
- Lesson 13 – Real Analysis: Limits and Continuity
- Lesson 14 – Topology: Spaces and Homeomorphisms
- Lesson 15 – Complex Analysis: Complex Valued Functions
- Lesson 16 – Linear Algebra: Linear Transformations