Reinforced Masonry Engineering Handbook Clay and Concrete Masonry by James E. Amrhein and Max L. Porter
Preface to Reinforced Masonry Engineering
In 1970, James Amrhein recognized that a comprehensive reinforced engineering design handbook was needed which would encompass the coefficients, tables, charts, and design data required for the design of reinforced masonry structures.
Mr. Amrhein tried to fulfill these requirements with the first edition of this publication.
Since then, subsequent editions have been improved and expanded to comply with applicable editions of the Uniform Building Code and International Building Code keeping pace with the growth of reinforced masonry engineering.
The authors would like this book to be as useful as possible to designers of reinforced masonry in eliminating repetitious and routine calculations.
This publication will increase understanding and reduce the time required for masonry design.
The detail and design requirements included in this book are based upon the 2006 edition of the International Building Code published by the International Code Council, and ASCE/SEI 7-05,
Minimum Loads for Buildings and Other Structures published by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Also included in this edition is information and design tables based on the code reference document, ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402 Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures.
In addition to the code requirements, sound engineering practice has been included in this publication to serve as a guide to the engineer and designer using it.
There may be several design and analysis methods and the results for the design can be somewhat different.
Techniques included in this publication have been reviewed by competent engineers who have found the results to be satisfactory and safe. T
he authors welcome recommendations for the extension and improvement of the material and any new design techniques for future editions.
Contents of Reinforced Masonry Engineering
- Chapter 1 Materials
- Chapter 2 Masonry Assemblage Strengths And Properties
- Chapter 3 Loads
- Chapter 4 Distribution And Analysis For Lateral Forces
- Chapter 5 Design Of Structural Members By Allowable Stress Design (ASD)
- Chapter 6 Design Of Structural Members By Strength Design
- Chapter 7 Details Of Reinforcing Steel And Construction
- Chapter 8 Building Details
- Chapter 9 Special Topics
- Chapter 10 Formulas For Reinforced Masonry Design
- Chapter 11 Design One-Story Industrial Building
- Chapter 12 Design Of Seven–Story Masonry Load Bearing Wall Apartment Building
- Chapter 13 Retaining Walls
- Chapter 14 Tables And Diagrams
Download Reinforced Masonry Engineering Handbook Clay and Concrete Masonry in PDF Format For Free.